[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and bdist_mpkg on Linux?

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Thu May 15 07:26:03 CEST 2008

El Wednesday, 14 de May de 2008 22:00:10 Kevin Walzer escribió:
> Most likely, no. py2app works all kinds of magic in creating an
> application bundle, including rolling in the Python standard library,
> whatever GUI tookit you are using, and other scripts, and it runs
> Mac-specific tools to modify the library search path.

Then it seems I'll have to work on some solutions myself.

It won't be as advanced as py2app, but it might just work.

(For example creating a python bin (on a Mac with py2app) for each
dependency-setting I need and such, or rather first creating a Python
App-Bundle for pure python programs, and bothering with more advances stuff
later on :) ).

Many thanks for your answers!

Shall I keep you informed of the progress (as soon as I have something which
works)?

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
Heißt politisch sein

-- Weblog: http://blog.draketo.de
-- Infinite Hands: http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the
history of free software.
-- Ein Würfel System: http://1w6.org - einfach sauberere (Rollenspiel-) Regeln

-- Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel (PGP/GnuPG):
http://draketo.de/inhalt/ich/pubkey.txt