[Pythonmac-SIG] Carbon bindings' future

Daniel Miller daniel at keystonewood.com
Mon May 19 16:36:35 CEST 2008

Ronald,

> This version is now merged into urllib and commited as revision
> 63159 in the trunk.

Ahh, sorry I'm late. I was on vacation last week when you posted
this. Here's an updated version with a bit less duplication (about 55
lines removed). This seems like it will be much easier to maintain
(IMHO).

Also, I'm sure you know what you're doing so I left the code as it
was, but this line (and other related lines) looked suspicious to me:

proxies["ftp"] = "http://%s:%i" % (proxy, port)

Did you want the URL to be encoded with 'http://' on the front even
though it is an FTP proxy? If not, simply use this in the attached
script:

     proxies[protocol] = "%s://%s:%i" % (protocol, proxy, port)
else:
     proxies[protocol] = "%s://%s" % (protocol, proxy)

~ Daniel