[Pythonmac-SIG] Python-Cocoa with XCode 3 - external modules

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed May 28 02:48:45 CEST 2008

Daniel Lord wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at 07:42AM, "Steve Pike" <stringfellow at sucs.org
> > wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I hope this is the right place to ask such a question:
>> I'm building a Python-Cocoa app in XCode 3, and it all works
>> wonderfully except that I use the appscript module... And XCode
>> doesn't include the module in the build.
>> so, 2 things:
>> - I was wondering if there is a way to make it do so
>> - If not, I have been advised to use py2app, but again this seems not
>> to work with the examples given on the site (crucially, it reports
>> unable to load nib file: MainMenu (maybe because this is a xib file?)
>
> There is an Xcode-users mailing list which might be a better place
> to ask this question.

Xcode-users might be able to advise on its Python application
templates; questions on py2app are definitely most appropriate to this
list though.

I've been trying to field the OP's questions over at <http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5490877
 >, but I'm not the biggest expert on either Xcode or py2app.

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net