[Pythonmac-SIG] shed skin vs macpython 2.5.2

Gary Robinson garyrob at mac.com
Thu May 29 13:53:41 CEST 2008

Hello,

I recently started using Shed Skin, which is a Python-to-C++ compiler. It works great. On the functions I converted, I got an 18X speedup.

However, at the time I did that work I was running the Python Apple supplies with Leopard. Last week I installed MacPython 2.5.2. Now, whenever I try to load a Shed Skin-generated module I immediately get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly

However, i can still run it under the Apple python just fine, by invoking usr/bin/python.

I asked about this on the Shed Skin mail list and haven't gotten a response yet. Thought I'd ask about it here just in case anyone has an idea.

Thanks,
Gary
--

Gary Robinson