[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Georg lydaque at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 22:18:58 CEST 2008

Thanks for the responses,

I am trying to build a data structure in Python which exceeds 4GB in size (I have 10GB of RAM) and python exits with the following error when it hits 4GB:

Python(23121) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=262144) failed (error code=3)
Python(23121) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
Python(23121) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug

My hope is that Leopard ships with a 64-bit version of Python, so that I can at least fill up the 10GB of RAM that I have.

Thanks!