[Pythonmac-SIG] lots of Python-Cocoa errors in XCode console window...

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sun Nov 2 12:14:53 CET 2008

Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm trying a simple Python-Cocoa app, using Xcode and the system
> Python.
>
> I'm getting lots of error messages in my Xcode console of this form:
>
> 2008-11-01 15:42:48.000 cocoa-gadget[30179:1233b] ***
> _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x3f1030 of class NSCFString
> autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
>
> Should I be worried?

You're leaking memory, which isn't a good thing.

Are you using background threads? PyObjC automatically creates an
autorelease pool for the main thread only; you need to provide
autorelease pools for other threads yourself.

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net