[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app build problem - ImportError No Module named 'AppKit'

Reza Lotun rlotun at getpeer.com
Wed Nov 5 16:47:21 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have an application that *used* to freeze to a .app without a problem, but
has recently been acting up for some reason. Though it builds fine, it keeps
on complaining about being unable to find AppKit even though I seem to be
forcing it to package it. I'm basically using the following setup:

    pkgs = [..., 'objc', 'Foundation', 'AppKit']
    mods = [...]
    setup(
        app=[fullpath(prepend, 'Program.py')],
        setup_requires=['py2app'],
        options=dict(py2app=dict(
            optimize=2,
            iconfile=fullpath(prepend, 'res/icon'),
            resources=[fullpath(prepend, 'res')],
            site_packages=1,
            argv_emulation=1,
            packages=pkgs,
            includes=mods,
            frameworks=['CoreFoundation', 'Foundation', 'AppKit'],
        )),
    )

I've been playing around with options as much as I can, and I have upgraded
py2app to the latest version I could find:

py2app - 0.4.2
modulegraph - 0.7.1
altgraph - 0.6.8
macholib - 1.2

Are there any pointers someone can fire in my direction??

Thanks,
Reza

--
Reza Lotun