[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie questions: import site failed and proper location of site-packages

Hunt Culver hculver at cfl.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 03:57:14 CET 2008

Yes,  Chris,

When I go to terminal and type in python I get this message:

But python proceeds to load.  However, since site.py is not loaded I
cannot get to the site-packages directory.

Then if I return to terminal and enter python -v, I get a long list of
executed commands and the one that fails I showed in a previous email.

This should be a standard load of MacPython, so I don't know why
arrangement is "unique" such that I am getting this message and no one
else has - no other threads on this topic.

With regard to your other reply, I have not used distutils so I'll
have to read up on it   -- after I get sites.py to load.

Thanks,