[Pythonmac-SIG] App distribution with eggs

David Woods dwoods at wcer.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 18 21:52:26 CET 2008

I'm updating my development tools for an application I've been distributing
for a few years now.  One of my critical imports, MySQLdb, gets built as an
egg under by new system.  In the past, I've used BundleBuilder for making my
distributable app for the Mac and it's worked admirably.

I can't figure out how to get BundleBuilder to include the MySQLdb egg, (I
get "ImportError: no module named MySQLdb") and it looks to me like py2app
doesn't support eggs either.  My (perhaps inept) Googling hasn't revealed
any likely suspects.

What method do folks recommend for building distributable apps which have
dependencies on eggs?

David