[Pythonmac-SIG] Symlinks? Newbie / macpython alongside leopard python

Idan Gazit idan at pixane.net
Sun Oct 19 20:08:22 CEST 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> The installer will modify your path settings so that MacPython comes
> up before the version shipped by Apple. However, the current Mac
> build of Python 2.5 is broken if you need to run Tkinter apps such
> as IDLE:

Hm,

Dunno why, but it certainly isn't the case, even after quitting out
of / relaunching terminal. I don't see anything in /etc/paths or /etc/
paths.d different, nor is there any change to ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist, nor is there any change to ~/.profile -- so if
something is happening, I'm not seeing it. Perhaps a reboot? Will try
and report success/failure.

Thanks for the help,

-Idan