[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.6 on mac seems to break compatibility

Mark Bestley {bymail{ignore} at bestley.co.uk
Fri Oct 24 17:30:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:26:26 +0100, Rodrigo Ventura <yoda at isr.ist.utl.pt>
wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Mark Bestley wrote:
>
>> I see /opt/local on your paths - This is from macports - probably a
>> good idea to remove that from your INCLUDE
>

> Thank you Mark, it solved (removed from PATH which is strangely used to
> figure out the libs path) but now I don't have support for JPEG and
> FREETYPE2, which were in macports... :(

Yes which is why I'm staying at 2.5. macports and python seems to be an
all one or the otehr propsition

I can see several choices
1) Try changing your build files so that they are one architecture only
and put macports back on path.

2) Use macports for all -  Wait for macports to release 2.6 versions of
pil etc  - or produce the portfles yourself.
  a) There is now a macports port of python 2.6 that might be sufficient

3) Use no macports - Build your own copies of the libraries you need not
macports and use them in your 2.6 build

If 1 works good - 2 or 3 would take more time

--
Mark