[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app fails on /usr/bin/strip

David Eyk eykd at eykd.net
Fri Oct 24 19:11:59 CEST 2008

The py2app command is failing for me with a very strange error:

========
/usr/bin/strip: for architecture i386 object:
/Users/deyk/code/py/spaaace/trunk/dist/bash.app/Contents/MacOS/bash
malformed object (unknown load command 8)
stripping saved 18312668 bytes (12069072 / 30381740)
========

This leaves half-baked app bundle in the dist folder. I've googled the
error, but I haven't been able to turn up anything understandable or
python-related.

I've replicated this behavior with a dummy package, which I'm attaching.

I have the following environment:

OS X: 10.4.11
Python: 2.5.1
setuptools: 0.6c9
py2app: 0.4.2

Can anyone else replicate this error with the attached package? Anyone
have an idea what's going on, or how I might fix it?

Thanks,

David Eyk