[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Appscript in my application, how to include it in the bundle?

Chris Stevens cjs980 at uow.edu.au
Wed Sep 3 06:41:30 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been previously addressed. I am writing an
application in PyObjC and need to control various windows (some system
commands and Keynote most notably, to export slides as individual
images) using Applescript. I have had great difficulties using the
scripting bridge to do this, as there seems to be zero documentation
(i figured out how to control some itunes elements, but that was it).
Then I found Appscript, and it makes it all so easy.

My question is, I had to install Appscript from the source to get it
working on this Mac. What will someone using my application have to
do? Will they have to install Appscript seperatly? Will I have to
include it in the installation package somehow?

Thankyou very much for any suggestions,
Chris.