[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app: how to force packages into application bundle?

weddingmusic at partybombe.de weddingmusic at partybombe.de
Mon Sep 15 16:36:07 CEST 2008

Hallo folks,

i'm quite new to python at all, but never the less i want to develope a standalone application which makes some use of the module mechanize.

right now the only source code of myApp.py is:
[code]
import mechanize
[/code]

running this in a python shell works fine.

now i build a standalone application from that in a X11 shell:
/usr/local/bin/python setup.py py2app

setup.py looks like this:
[code]
from setuptools import setup

APP = ['myApp.py']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True}

setup(
    app=APP,
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=['py2app'],
)
[/code]

and here is where problems start:
lauching the application results in an error:
ImportError: No module named mechanize

could anybody please give me some hint, how i can make that module available for my tiny application?

thanks all
axel