[Pythonmac-SIG] mactypes Alias/File object question

Jeffery Beeland jbeeland at rhythm.com
Mon Apr 6 20:26:52 CEST 2009

Hey gang,

New to the list and mostly a Perl developer, so please excuse my lack of
knowledge at this point. ;)

I'm using appscript to interface with Photoshop, which has gone pretty
well to this point.  The problem is that I can't seem to find a way to
get a posix path out of an Alias or File object from mactypes.  As best
I can tell there are no public methods for the classes.  This becomes a
problem when I want to query a list of open documents and expect to be
able to get at the actual file path for something like display of file
information in a UI component.

I'd really hate to have to parse the file path out of the stringified
object.  I would greatly appreciate any advice any of you might have.

--Jeff

--

J e f f e r y  B e e l a n d
      Lead Pipeline TD