[Pythonmac-SIG] Virtual Serial/USB Port

Stuart Davenport stuart.davenport at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:38:59 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I am trying to write a python program to "emulate" a USB GPS device on my
Mac, is there anyway this is possible via Python?

Basically I have something running over the network to tell my Mac its GPS
location. The application I have running is listening to the data from the
network and then I want that data be pushed onto a "virtual" USB GPS device.
The data I will send out of it will be the standard NMEA data for any
navigation software on a Mac (e.g. RouteBuddy) to read.

Would anyone know how to create this "virtual port" through python?

Thanks
Stu