[Pythonmac-SIG] How to remove Python from my Mac?

Ethan Herdrick info at reatlas.com
Sat Apr 25 00:33:04 CEST 2009

Hi - I'm getting started with Python and am getting ImportError
trouble with the first step of the very simple tutorial for web.py.
I'm suspecting that the fact that I have two installations of Python -
one that my Mac came with and one that I installed from
python-2.6.2-macosx2009-04-16.dmg which I got from
python.org/download/ - might be the problem.

Also, in trying to get this thing going I was fiddling with the
install_lib setting in .pydistutils.cfg and left it in a modified
state before running setup.py on a module, so the module ended up in a
strange location.

Anyway, I'd really be happier if I could wipe all python stuff -
including things like easy_install - from my machine so I can just
start over.  This seems to be harder than it sounds.  True?  And how
do I do this?

Thank you in advance.