[Pythonmac-SIG] How to remove Python from my Mac?

Ethan Herdrick info at reatlas.com
Sat Apr 25 05:07:53 CEST 2009

Thank you for the info.  Things are working OK now, so I'm going to stick
with what I've got and not kill anything.  I just wiped out the old
dir I had specified as install_lib in .pydistutils.cfg , then restored
that value (that is, the install_lib value in .pydistutils.cfg) to
what it was supposed to be,
~/Library/Python/$py_version_short/site-packages .  Then I used
setup.py on the module I was trying to install.  Everything seems to be
working OK now.

Good thing you guys prevented me from wiping out my pre-installed
Python.  I had assumed it was expendable.

Thanks!
-Ethan