[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app & multiprocessing

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Wed Aug 12 17:38:30 CEST 2009

Thank you Daniel for your comment, I am having a rather hard time
porting my app to Mac. It works great on linux, it also works on
windows, but on Mac it goes crazy, it even locks up the OS (all I can do
is move the mouse pinwheel of death around but no clicks, no keyboard,
no SSH, nothing) and I have to had reboot it. It uses a combination of
Twisted and wxPython and is rather large, so I don't know where this
comes from, it could be wx, twisted or the two together. Anyways, I was
thinking of using multiprocessing instead of Popen because Popen could
not find my files when using py2app, even though they were in the same
directory as the main exec. I even tried putting the execs in the
resource dir but no luck, so I thought maybe Popen would work better
since it does not use files.

Gabriel