[Pythonmac-SIG] argv_emulation for url open events

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 14 02:30:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:

> argv emulation does not work for url open events.  eg. click on
> webbrowser with link to "myurl:myinfo" does not put "myurl:myinfo" into
> sys.argv.
>
> I modified the py2app argv_emulation.py to support this and have
> attached a patch.

You probably want to upload the patch:
http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html#online-resources
http://trac.pythonmac.org/py2app/

However, the latter URL doesn't seem to be working....

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz