[Pythonmac-SIG] problems with executing python files

beegee beegee bgquest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:15:41 CEST 2009

I am new to python

(i have version 2.5 on my machine), I have a mac os tiger 10.4.11 with 1 GB
ram

I just downloaded a performance testing tool called pylot

I downloaded the entire folder to my desktop

I am expected to run the following command

python run.py -g

I tried the following

a. I right clicked on the file run.py and selected aquamacs and then did a
start interpreter

it opened the file

but i am lost i don't know how to run this command

will someone please tell me

how i could run this file and any other file written in notepad or whatever
using python file.py etc?

b. I opened my terminal window, and typed python run.py -g

i either got a syntax error or

file does not exist please help

(the instructions are in this link:

http://www.pylot.org/gettingstarted.html)