[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 2009-08-31 dSYM fix patch

Cezary Krzyżanowski dhubleizh at o2.pl
Mon Aug 31 17:04:00 CEST 2009

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-08-31, o godz. 16:49, przez Ronald
Oussoren:

> On Monday, 31 August, 2009, at 04:23PM, "Cezary Krzyżanowski" <dhubleizh at o2.pl
> > wrote:
>>
>> Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-08-31, o godz. 16:16, przez Ronald
>> Oussoren:
>>

>>> Why would you like one?   If you need functionality that is
>>> generally useful we could extend py2app.
>>>

>> Well --- dSYM files were a pain in PyQt handling. Now that's off, but
>> QtSomething_debug gets copied --- which is one of my pains.
>>
>> The second one is, that when I build a 'full' PyQt binding, i.e.
>> without supplying modules to build, all get build (obviously) but
>> also
>> all get included in the bundle, even with excludes in place. That
>> doesn't happen in py2exe.
>>
>> I've  tried poking in the sip recipe, but it seems it isn't used o_O.
>> I'd like to remove all _debug libs as a post filter/action maybe?
>
> This sounds like something that should be fixed in a recipe, and
> the sip one should be the one that causes the full copy.

Oh --- and I've thought about it, but I've got no idea how to
implement it as a filter or recipe. The module name is PyQt4 or
PyQt4.QtGui (if specific) when scanning the macholib tree, but the
QtSomething_debug only gets added when at the end PythonStandolone is
called --- then the resulting files list has the QtSomething_debug
files and it's already to late for a filter or anything.

Czarek