[Pythonmac-SIG] OSX3 install problem

downie - downgeoff2 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:30:29 CET 2009

Hi List,
 I'm trying to install Python on OSX10.3.9 , downloaded python-2.6.4_macosx10.3.dmg, but unfortunately the install process ends with 'There have been errors in the install process. Please try again.'
 Console.log entry is not much more informative:
"2009-12-03 20:11:22 +0000
Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50
2009-12-03 20:14:11.844 Installer[387] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: Some files for PythonFramework-2.6 may not have been written correctly. (code 1)"

Any ideas on where to look for better diagnostics?

PS I's also like to install the IPy module, but I can't compile from source - impossible?
Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.