[Pythonmac-SIG] OSX3 install problem

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Dec 3 22:42:07 CET 2009

In article <BLU120-W261B778A307331EBDC95EB82940 at phx.gbl>,
 downie - <downgeoff2 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to install Python on OSX10.3.9 , downloaded
>  python-2.6.4_macosx10.3.dmg, but unfortunately the install process ends with
>  'There have been errors in the install process. Please try again.'
>  Console.log entry is not much more informative:
> "2009-12-03 20:11:22 +0000
> Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50
> 2009-12-03 20:14:11.844 Installer[387] Exception raised during posting of
> notification.  Ignored.  exception: Some files for PythonFramework-2.6 may
> not have been written correctly. (code 1)"
>
> Any ideas on where to look for better diagnostics?

Interesting.  The installer is seldom (if ever) tested on 10.3.9 these
days although the hope is that it should work.  I forget if the OS X
Installer app has this option in 10.3 but, at least on later versions of
OS X, the Installer menu bar has a Window -> Installer Log option and at
the bottom of the Installer Log window there is an selector for "Show
Everything".  Could you see if there is anything more there, perhaps the
specific file name?

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org