[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't build PIL on Snow Leopard

Xiao Yu xiao at xiao-yu.com
Thu Dec 3 04:41:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I apologize for not having caught onto the nuance of differences between the Apple system Python, python.org's Python and MacPort's Python yet.

I have installed python.org's Python 2.6.4. I however have trouble building PIL on it.

lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccmUAK0V.out (No such file or directory)
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc-4.0' failed with exit status 1

I am being told by the folks at comp.lang.python that the problem is because of missing libraries. Could someone please instruct me how to proceed? I couldn't google the proper procedures. My ultimate goal is to get my PyQt-PIL application working again.

Regards,
Xiao