[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't build PIL on Snow Leopard

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 4 18:26:57 CET 2009

michael geary wrote:
> i have a PIL binary for python2.6.1 on Snow Leopard. I use the Apple-native python,

What did you use for the dependencies? Though I don't know if the
Apple-native python is universal anyway (though does it support both 32
and 64 bit?)

The key thing is if the dependencies are statically linked -- if not,
then no one can use it that doesn't have the same dynamic libs installed.

you could run bist_mpkg on it, and send it to the OP and see what happens!

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov