[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app/PyQt/64-bit/Mach-O

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Dec 8 02:53:59 CET 2009

On 12/6/09 5:00 AM, Xiao Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this problem might have been previously discussed but I'm not too sure what the solution is.
> I'm attempting to build my PyQt4 application.

> error: unpack requires a string argument of length 32
>> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/macholib/ptypes.py(48)from_str()
> ->  return cls.from_tuple(struct.unpack(endian + cls._format_, s), **kw)

It's a problem with macholib (part of py2app). I've run into something
similar trying to build a 64-bit Tkinter application, and I've seen
other problems on the list with PyObjC. I don't know enough about
macholib to offer a patch, and no one else has had time to delve into
it. If you run across a solution, some of us would be glad to hear it!

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin