[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app/PyQt/64-bit/Mach-O

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Dec 8 04:19:37 CET 2009

On 12/7/09 10:13 PM, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:
> the solution is to fix the endian bug. you're on intel right? I bet if
> you used the new PySide qt python bridge, it wouldn't have this problem.
> I bet its talking directly to the c++ runtime  instead of  Â

It may be an issue with endian-ness, but the same problem has shown up
with four-way universal builds of applications using Tkinter (mine) and
PyObjC (see
It's an issue with macholib and/or py2app, in that they don't seem to be
able to handle four-way universal builds. So PySide may not be the
answer at all.

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin