[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie question: py2app does only include main .py file, not the rest.

Ron Arts ron at arts-betel.org
Wed Dec 9 21:55:49 CET 2009

Hi,

I am porting an app that was initially written for Windows and Linux
to OSX. For Linux an .rpm is created, for Windows I used a py2exe
setup.py script.

I adapted that script for OSX, and it seems to do a lot of work,
generates an App Bundle, but in the Contents/Resources directory
only the main .py file is created, not all other .py files
from the application. If I copy those in manually I get:

ImportError: No module named pkg_resources.

Now I'm at a loss how to continue. What should I do next?

Thanks,
Ron