[Pythonmac-SIG] Bundlebuilder--why remove it?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 10 00:26:04 CET 2009

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> What really should be done is restart py2app development,

Unless PyInstaller is looking good -- there may be an advantage to a
code base with more people working on it. Mac folks would still need to
do the Mac-specific stuff, but not the rest of it. bbFreeze isn't bad,
either, but needs more work -- I don't think it ever could produce an
App bundle.

> starting  with automated tests

What did you have in mind here? I can't quite image what unit-tests to
write, but maybe a suite of test cases fro various packages that could
as least be auto run on various platforms.

There is a start to this in the samples dir -- so maybe we "just" need a
test runner.

 > and improved egg support.

by the way, I think bbFreeze has extended modulegraph -- partly for
better egg support.

and I suppose quad architecture support -- Kevin, isn't that your
show-stopper?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov