[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with py2app and qt

aditya bhargava aditya at wefoundland.com
Tue Dec 15 06:17:33 CET 2009

Hi python users,
I'm getting some strange results running py2app on my machine. It works fine
with most scripts, but any time I use it with a script that uses PyQt, the
built application immediately quits and gives me an "unexpectedly quit"
message. It's not the code, because I tried py2app with a couple of the
example scripts that come with PyQt and got the same result. Any thoughts?

I'm on mac OS X 10.4 running Python 2.5. My copy of py2app is very recent, I
just got the latest one yesterday.

Thanks for your help!
Aditya