[Pythonmac-SIG] timeout of connection?

ken manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:10:57 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Brad Howes <howes at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Jon Christopher wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply, Brad.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with the issue you describe.  Can you provide a
> > pointer to some related info?  How would I test to see if my script is
> > affected?
>
> http://db.tidbits.com/article/10643

and see these threads for the description of the problem in python appscript
and the fix:

http://old.nabble.com/-ann--appscript-0.20.2-tt26413893.html
and
http://old.nabble.com/-ann--py-appscript-0.21.0-tt26634638.html

note that i experienced the problem in leopard as well as snow leopard.  it
does seem to be well explained by the return id problem, even though the
above article attributes it to only snow leopard.  plus, has' fix seems to
have completely resolved the problem that i was, until the fix, seeing
consistently.  has the update failed to settle the problem you're seeing?
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net