[Pythonmac-SIG] timeout of connection?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Thu Dec 17 22:09:53 CET 2009

Jon Christopher wrote:

> So, I'll reiterate my request.  Can can any of the appscript gurus
> think of any reason why
> the following (pseudo) code should fail:
>

> import appscript
> id=app("EyeTV").recordings.get()[0]
> app("EyeTV").play(id) # works just fine
> app("EyeTV").stop()  #works just fine
>
> go_do_other_stuff_possibly_in_other_threads_for_a_really_long_time()
>
> app("EyeTV").play(id)  # has no effect

Is the EyeTV process running throughout, or does it quit and restart?

Are you sure all commands are being executed?

What do the references produced by the following look like:

	print app("EyeTV").recordings.get()

Have you tried enabling AEDebug and observing the events being sent?

has

--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net