[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app/PyQt/64-bit/Mach-O

Marc-Antoine Parent maparent at acm.org
Mon Dec 28 06:05:30 CET 2009

> I get this error in py2app:
>
> File "build/bdist.macosx-10.5-universal/egg/macholib/MachO.py", line 295, in synchronize_size
>    raise ValueError("New Mach-O header is too large to relocate")
> ValueError: New Mach-O header is too large to relocate
> > /Users/kevin/Desktop/phynchronicity/build/bdist.macosx-10.5-universal/egg/macholib/MachO.py(295)synchronize_size()
> -> raise ValueError("New Mach-O header is too large to relocate")
>
> I've seen this before, and am not sure how to fix it.

Hmmm.... so have I, and I was stumped too, I'm afraid. It depends on the size of headers in a particular library.
I do not know of a way to resize them after the fact. Anyone else?
If it's a library whose build you control, you could try to give it a large -headerpad value at link (look in man ld), that's at least worth a try.
Do you know which library it is? Is it open-sourced? I may give it a shot in that case.

Marc-Antoine