[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Tue Feb 3 09:10:43 CET 2009

Am 2009-02-03 um 03:47 schrieb Bill Janssen:
> I'd suggest that promotion to LSUIElement (agent application) by the
> toolkit is probably right, but I'd suggest that you only promote to
> full
> app by actually having an app bundle that overrides the default
> Info.plist.

Sorry for chirping in as a non-expert...

If I understood you right, then any GUI app would behave different as
app bundle or standalone.

That would make the development of GUI apps unnecessary complicated
(it takes a while to "compile" an app bundle, and they're rather heavy).

Most of *my* wxPython-based (actually dabo-based) tools don't even
need to be an app bundle - doubleclicking some .py file is mostly
enough. But I wouldn't like to loose some GUI functionality.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net