[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Feb 3 14:33:42 CET 2009

On 2 Feb, 2009, at 21:53, Bill Janssen wrote:

>> In any case, it does include a info.plist, and it may include a
>> different launch stub, so setting LSUIElement = 1 may work in either
>> case.
>
> Sounds reasonable, then.  Set LSUIElement=1 in the Python.app
> Info.plist,
> and other apps that use python can set it differently if they wish.

Does this actually solve the problem you want to fix? Have you looked
into what causes the icon to occur into the doc in the first place?
What are possible side effects of setting this property?

I'm definitly -1 on changes this flag before Python 2.7 and 3.1, and
before these questions are answered. If the flag gets added the reason
for it needs to be documented, to avoid it getting ripped out later on.

Ronald