[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app applications fails to find Pmw --- Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

Bernard B Yoo Bernard.B.Yoo at aero.org
Thu Feb 19 19:58:12 CET 2009

Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

I'm trying to create an .app from a .py file.  When I double-click the
.app, I get a message saying Pmw was not found.

The commands I use are:

py2applet --make-setup myprogram.py
python setup.py py2app --packages Pmw

When I double-click the app icon, I get an error:

OSError: [Errno 20] Not a
directory:'/Users/me/Documents/myprogram/bin/dist.myprogram.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/Pmw'

When I look in that directory, I see the site-packages.zip file AND a Pmw
subdirectory.  Pmw is NOT included in site-packages.zip.

If I run the python setup.py py2app command with --include Pmw instead,
the site-packages.zip file contains Pmw/__init__.pyc, but no other Pmw
files.

I'm running MacOS X 10.5.6, Python 2.5.1, Pmw 1.3.

Suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only