[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app + pygame: how to exclude pygame icon?

Joel Gluck joelgluck at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 07:06:52 CET 2009

To: Chris Van Bael <chris.van.bael at gmail.com>

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I actually tried it earlier, by opening site-packages.zip, replacing
the icon with one of the same name (but my own design) and recreating
the .zip -- unfortunately, it broke the app (refused to run, with an
odd error).

I also looked for a way I could replace the original pygame_icon.icns,
which I tracked down to somewhere inside the python.framework file --
I tried to delete or replace it, but kept getting an error that I did
not have permission (even though I'm the admin login, and even went to
program info and changed the permissions there to let everyone write
the file!)

So: I'm still stuck -- any other ideas would be MOST welcome!

Thanks for trying,
Joel