[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript install error

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Fri Jan 30 18:39:58 CET 2009

Rajanikanth Jammalamadaka wrote:

> I get this error when trying to install appscript from source on Mac
> OS X(using python 2.6.1):
>
> ld: in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/lib/libPng.dylib,
> file is not of required architecture for architecture ppc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> lipo: can't open input file:
> /var/folders/1F/1FIgkp3qEImZWgJI447-qU+TFxI/-Tmp-//ccmr16bT.out (No
> such file or directory)

Looks like you've installed an i386-only build of libPng in /usr/local/
bin, overriding the 4-way fat version included in OS X. Appscript
builds as 32-bit fat by default, so when the linker tries to link in
the PPC versions all the Carbon libraries it can't find the fat
version of libPng that Carbon normally expects. The best solution
would be to rebuild your custom libPng installation as 4-way fat,
otherwise you'll run into the same problem when building other fat
projects.

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net