[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't get ASDictionary to work (py2app problems?)

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 2 09:33:30 CEST 2009

To bring a (temporary) conclusion to all of this, the reason I
upgraded the system version of py2app (or rather its dependency,
modulegraph) was that it was incompatible with the current version of
setuptools (0.7a1).

I think this is actually a setuptools bug, which I've reported:

  <http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue74>

After removing my compiled versions of PyObjC, py2app, modulegraph
*and* setuptools, then installing aemreceive, osaterminology and
HTMLTemplate, ASDictionary built and runs fine against the stock 10.5
Python/PyObjC/py2app.

That was painful, but hopefully this thread means nobody else will
have to go through it :-)

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu>