[Pythonmac-SIG] Interpreter not initialized

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 5 09:04:36 CEST 2009

I'm not sure I can upgrade to python26.  Meanwhile, if I understand
your otool suggestion correctly, I've gotten seemingly ambiguous
results.  (See below.)

Macports has installed the pyqt libs deep in its directory structure.
Pointing otool to QtCore.so, for example, returned a Python that's
neither /System nor the Macports deep installation.

Am I using otool incorrectly?  Or interpreting the results incorrectly?

Thanks again!
Scott

% otool -L /opt/local/var/macports/software/py25-pyqt4/4.4.4_0/opt/
local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so
/opt/local/var/macports/software/py25-pyqt4/4.4.4_0/opt/local/lib/
python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so:
	/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python
(compatibility version 2.5.0, current version 2.5.0)
	/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 7.4.0)
	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 111.1.1)