[Pythonmac-SIG] Interpreter not initialized

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 6 00:39:05 CEST 2009

Is there a way to force the use of a specific version of python for
py2app?  python_select appears to be getting overridden somewhere/how.

I've upgraded to python26 and noticed that my system Python (2.5) is
still being used in the py2app build process.  I'm also getting python
2.5.1 when I open an interpreter in the same shell that I've just
issued the python_select command in.

I've confirmed that python26 is active (via `port installed`).  I've
selected python26.  And I've confirmed that python26 is selected.
py2app continues to use /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.5 ...

Does python_select require a specific shell?  I'm using tcsh on OSX
10.5.5.

Here are the steps I've taken:

% sudo python_select python26
% sudo python_select -a
python26
% rm -rf build dist
% python setup.py py2app
 > /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/
python/modulegraph/modulegraph.py(444)load_tail()
-> raise ImportError, "No module named " + mname

My setup.py script is pretty simple:

from setuptools import setup

APP = ['Y-Film.py']
OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True, 'includes': ['sip', 'PyQt4._qt']}

setup(
     app=APP,
     options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
     setup_requires=['py2app'],
)

The mname error seems to be from the PyQt4._qt include.  My
environment can't seem to find the macports installed libs.  I've
added the macports paths to bin and sbin to my $PATH.  Grepping and
calling port without a path demonstrates that $PATH is set correctly.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Scott