[Pythonmac-SIG] Fink vs MacPorts vs Framework

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Tue Jun 30 15:11:00 CEST 2009

Hi !
Seems to me there are a lot of python packages that are available
through the MacPorts. In the built-in framework, there are only a few
basic packages. Fink gives the same benefits than MacPorts, but there
might be fewer packages available though it than through MacPorts.
That's why I use MacPorts.
Is this right ?

2009/6/30 Dan Ross <dan at rosspixelworks.com>:
> I currently use a Framework of 2.6.2 for my Python work but I always see a
> lot of posts about using Fink or MacPorts builds.
>
> Could anyone shed some light on why they use these rather than a Framework?
>
> Advantages/disadvantages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Alexandre Quessy