[Pythonmac-SIG] Fink vs MacPorts vs Framework

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 21:21:29 CEST 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 2:50 PM, genemartin wrote:

> My experience shows me that using fink or macports with python
> framework
> create problems with version mismatches and library duplication. So
> now, I
> only use the framework  because i want to learn. With a little
> patience and
> trying a lot (with the help of google), I gradually install what I
> want,
> even pygame pygame but I must admit it was a bit complicated....

You meant using a macports framework build or having both macports and
python.org versions? The former and maybe the later (I never tried)
you can fix installing python_select and selecting the right python
version from its list.

So this simple command can save a lot of pain for new macports python
users:

$ sudo -s
# port install python25 python_select
# python_select python25