[Pythonmac-SIG] selecting wxpython version with py2app

David Manthey david.manthey at request.com
Wed Mar 11 15:24:20 CET 2009

Hi there,

I am using OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) with a wxPython program, and I want to
bundle it into an application using py2app.  I currently have wx version
2.8.9.2 installed, and when I run my python program on the command line,
it works faultlessly.  When I bundle it with py2app, it uses the system
framework version of wx (2.8.4.0), and, unfortunately, my program
doesn't work because I've used newer features of wx.

How do I instruct py2app to NOT use the system framework version of wx?
Or, alternately, how do I upgrade the system framework version of wx?

Many thanks.

- David
--
David Manthey, programmer