[Pythonmac-SIG] urllib2.urlopen fails in a forked daemon with a CoreFoundation error

Jarkko Laiho jarkko.laiho at iki.fi
Mon Mar 16 20:06:37 CET 2009

>> What does an actual, concrete exec() call look like in this case, and
>> at what point in the code should it occur?
> I don't know -- you didn't post your entire program.  Read the Wikipedia
> page and follow the refs.

I did and understood just about none of it. Way over my head. But:

> Here's an example:
> [...]
>    # figure out how to invoke the actual program
>    args = [sys.executable, "-c",
>            "import mycode;" +
>            "mycode.realmain()"
>            ]
>    os.execve(sys.executable, args, env)
>[...]

There's a technique I didn't know about. I didn't think there was any
way of making an exec() call fit the existing code, but that might
just do the trick.

I'm pretty sure I can work with that. Thanks for your patient advice!

- Jarkko L.