[Pythonmac-SIG] Python PyGame GTK SQLAlchemy on Leopard

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 16 20:41:31 CET 2009

(make sure to reply to the list, for the archives...)

Chris Van Bael wrote:
> Yes, I absolutely do want to buil binaries that can run on 10.3.9 and 10.4!
> This is very important.

Then you want the python.org python.

> Do you have the paths for the system python and the installation from
> python.org?

system python is in:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

python.org goes into:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

> My problem with Mac installers is that they just ask a partition in
> which to install the software.
> But I want to be sure that they install the packages into the correct
> python installation. (the one from python.org)

If you are using an installer, then it has to be built for the python
you want. Most only target one -- wxPython targets both python.org and
Apple's (for Python 2.5)

if you use easy_install or setup.py, be sure to run them with the python
you want to use.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov