[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing py-appscript on Snow Leopard

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Nov 17 19:08:04 CET 2009

In article <4B02CE4A.1050301 at llaisdy.com>,
 Ivan Uemlianin <ivan at llaisdy.com> wrote:
> Ned
> > You need the 10.4u SDK to build extensions for python.org pythons. The
> > 10.4u SDK is available as part of the Xcode installer package on the
> > Snow Leopard installation DVD but it is not installed by default.  Just
> >
> Thanks for your help.  I installed the 10.4u sdk and the error messages
> have changed.  I attach the stderr output below.  Am I still missing
> something?

Those errors are a result of using the 10.6 default gcc-4.2 rather than
gcc-4.0.  Because of this problem, a fix was added to Python 2.6.3 to
automatically force use of gcc-4.0 and there were other important fixes
in 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 for OS X environments.  Upgrade to Python 2.6.4 and
that problem should go away.  With 2.6.4 (and possibly updating either
setuptools or distribute), easy_install appscript should work just fine.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org