[Pythonmac-SIG] [ann] appscript 0.20.2

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed Nov 18 19:54:25 CET 2009

Hi all,

Just posted a minor appscript update on PyPI that addresses some of the shortcomings of the osax module when used in 64-bit mode.

	http://www.python.org/pypi/appscript

In addition to fixing a bug that prevented it targeting the current process, I've also added a static glue for OS X's Standard Additions (as that's all most folk use it for anyway) so you no longer need to generate a static glue yourself before using that particular osax.

I've also added some notes to the README and to the py-appscript/install.html page on the website about building appscript for python.org distributions on 10.6. (Basically cribbed from Ned's last couple posts, cheers.) It's not an appscript-specific issue (it applies to all source distributions that include C extensions), but I know it's been giving some appscript users problems, so hopefully this will help. If anything's unclear or incorrect, just let me know and I'll improve it.

Enjoy,

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net