[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app PIL recipe

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 24 20:06:39 CET 2009

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> I will commit this patch once py2apps repository gets back (I have connectivity problems to the repo at the moment)

great, thanks.

> I don't know, I don't even know which name is the preferred one.

I'm clear on that -- every package has moved to using namespaces over
the years.

The PIL Handbook
(<http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/index.htm>) uses
'import Image' throughout.

That's a pretty old document. I don't know what Fredrik thinks, but
given that those are the docs, it's best to support it. However, my
suggested change only effects how py2app finds PIL, I don't think it
would break any user code.

No harm in having both ways, though.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax